This past year has been filled with some amazing highs and some difficult lows. We are four years into running our company, but we are largely still a startup.
In 2016, PIXL Designs saw some great moments:
- Launched ChurchPress, a web product for churches and landed our first customers including our first church First Southern Baptist Church of Glendale
- Worked with some old YMCA friends
- Reconnected with our friends at InfoWorks and Brushfire to help with UI/UX and development projects involving public media underwriters and an international nonprofit focused on evangelism
- Launched a slew of sites for our friends at Dare 2 Share – Lead the Cause, Habla de Cristo, Vida en 6 Palabras, Unshakeable, and even redesigned Dare 2 Share itself!
- Launched a fun end of year giving campaign for the D2S 25th Anniversary throwback
- Modified ChurchPress for businesses and helped our friend Jason launch his business site, 100 Cups Consulting
- Joshua spoke on Changing the world one YOLO at a time at a developer conference called WordCamp PHX
- Joshua also spoke at two different YMCA conferences in Arizona and New York
- Onboarded as an official Agency Partner with Hubspot to ramp up the inbound marketing work we do
We also expanded our team a bit with Tim and Emily working on a weekly basis now. We are praying that 2017 will open the doors for even more team members to climb on board and allow us to continue the serving our clients with the best work we can deliver.
But with great opportunity comes great challenge. On a personal level this year has been grueling for everyone on our team. We’ve hustled and grinded to make it all happen, but each of our spouses have endured some type of medical emergency. We’ve all had financial setbacks. But we’ve also seen God work some incredible miracles in our lives and in our business.
We are building a company for the future. One that is versatile and resilient to help our clients get the results they need in a world that needs Hope and Healing more than ever before. Our goal has always been to make a positive impact in the lives of others and we are more committed to this now than ever.
I pray you have a wonderful start to your 2017 and a restful close to your 2016. Preparing for another year is a great time to reflect on what all God has done in your life and to buckle up so you can accomplish even greater things in the year ahead.
The Best is Yet to Come!